The University of Alabama System Board of Trustees established the Sir David Cox Endowed Professorship in Biostatistics in the UAB Department of Biostatistics in the School of Public Health at its meeting Sept. 17, 2010.
The professorship is being partially funded by donations from the Coca Cola Company, VIVUS Inc., GenScript USA and others. The endowment will provide for the recruitment and retention of a faculty member who can push forward new ideas in the field.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Endowed professorship in biostatistics establishedBy Clinton Colmenares
Latest from Clinton Colmenares
- Young named assistant dean for medical student diversity and inclusion
- Noted scientist in depression, suicide joins UAB Psychiatry
- Postdocs name UAB top university in recent web survey
- Charles Barkley’s bark a common vocal sore spot
- Lorenz named to new UAB post: assistant dean for Physician-Scientist Education