The University of Alabama System Board of Trustees established the Sir David Cox Endowed Professorship in Biostatistics in the UAB Department of Biostatistics in the School of Public Health at its meeting Sept. 17, 2010.
The professorship is being partially funded by donations from the Coca Cola Company, VIVUS Inc., GenScript USA and others. The endowment will provide for the recruitment and retention of a faculty member who can push forward new ideas in the field.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Endowed professorship in biostatistics establishedBy Clinton Colmenares
Latest from Clinton Colmenares
- Leeth named UAB School of Medicine assistant dean for strategic planning
- Sergio Stagno stepping down after 25 years as chair
- Social determinants of obesity, related chronic diseases receive grant support
- Neurosurgery elevated to department status at UAB
- Young named assistant dean for medical student diversity and inclusion