The University of Alabama System Board of Trustees established the Jay M. McDonald, M.D. Endowed Professorship in Bone Pathology in the UAB Department of Pathology at its meeting Sept. 17, 2010.
The endowment will provide for the recruitment and retention of a renowned faculty member with expertise in bone pathobiology who can contribute to and further the department's efforts. The endowment is named in honor of McDonald, who served as department chair from 1990 to 2008.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Endowed professorship in bone pathology establishedBy Clinton Colmenares
Latest from Clinton Colmenares
- Young named assistant dean for medical student diversity and inclusion
- Noted scientist in depression, suicide joins UAB Psychiatry
- Postdocs name UAB top university in recent web survey
- Charles Barkley’s bark a common vocal sore spot
- Lorenz named to new UAB post: assistant dean for Physician-Scientist Education