The University of Alabama System Board of Trustees established the Jay M. McDonald, M.D. Endowed Professorship in Bone Pathology in the UAB Department of Pathology at its meeting Sept. 17, 2010.
The endowment will provide for the recruitment and retention of a renowned faculty member with expertise in bone pathobiology who can contribute to and further the department's efforts. The endowment is named in honor of McDonald, who served as department chair from 1990 to 2008.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Endowed professorship in bone pathology establishedBy Clinton Colmenares
Latest from Clinton Colmenares
- Leeth named UAB School of Medicine assistant dean for strategic planning
- Sergio Stagno stepping down after 25 years as chair
- Social determinants of obesity, related chronic diseases receive grant support
- Neurosurgery elevated to department status at UAB
- Young named assistant dean for medical student diversity and inclusion