The University of Alabama System Board of Trustees appointed Victor J. Thannickal, M.D. to the Ben Vaughn Branscomb Chair of Medicine in Respiratory Disease in the UAB School of Medicine at its meeting Sept. 17, 2010.
Thannickal earned his medical degree from Oral Roberts University School of Medicine and joined the UAB faculty in July 2009. He is known for his novel and pioneering work exploring mechanisms involved in acute lung injury and interstitial lung disease.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Thannickal appointed to Ben Vaughn Branscomb Chair of MedicineBy Bob Shepard
Latest from Bob Shepard
- UAB online program helps rehabilitation therapists improve, expand services
- Pittet appointed to endowed professorship in anesthesiology
- Curtis appointed first holder of rheumatology endowed professorship
- Eye injuries more common in kids in summer, says UAB
- Beware the rockets’ red glare: Leave fireworks to the experts