The University of Alabama System Board of Trustees appointed Yi-Piang Li, Ph.D., to the Jay M. McDonald Endowed Professorship in Bone Pathology in the UAB Department of Pathology at its meeting Sept. 17, 2010.
Li received his doctorate in molecular genetics from the Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry at The Academy of Sciences in China. His research interests center on cellular and molecular mechanisms of bone resorption and formation, which has important implications for understanding and treating osteoporosis and other metabolic bone diseases.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Li appointed to endowed professorshipBy Clinton Colmenares
Latest from Clinton Colmenares
- Young named assistant dean for medical student diversity and inclusion
- Noted scientist in depression, suicide joins UAB Psychiatry
- Postdocs name UAB top university in recent web survey
- Charles Barkley’s bark a common vocal sore spot
- Lorenz named to new UAB post: assistant dean for Physician-Scientist Education