Linda Lucas, Ph.D., interim provost and former dean of the UAB School of Engineering, was named the Engineer of the Year for 2011. Two of the past three Engineer of the Year winners are UAB School of Engineering faculty members. Fouad H. Fouad, Ph.D., professor and chair Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering, won the honor in 2009. The event is held every year during National Engineers Week.
- UAB’s Amsler to join NSF as program officer for Antarctica research
- U.S. News places UAB in Top 5 among online engineering master’s programs for veterans
- UAB launches company to ID source and nature of cyber threats
- Chaffin awarded highest honor for professional planners
- UAB students help Carver High School students build electric car