Richard A. Berliner, MBA, UAB’s senior real estate officer, recently received the Association of University Real Estate Officials’ Weinberg Award, which recognizes lifetime achievements. The award, presented by AUREO at its annual conference on Sept. 11, 2012, was given to Berliner to recognize his “significant lifetime career contributions to the profession of higher education real estate.” Berliner has served UAB in his current position since 1994 and called Birmingham home since 1981. AUREO members include more than 160 universities and colleges across the United States and Canada. Berliner was also honored by AUREO in 2005 with the Award of Excellence for his work with UAB’s North Pavilion Diagnostic Treatment Center.
- UAB’s Amsler to join NSF as program officer for Antarctica research
- U.S. News places UAB in Top 5 among online engineering master’s programs for veterans
- UAB launches company to ID source and nature of cyber threats
- Chaffin awarded highest honor for professional planners
- UAB students help Carver High School students build electric car