University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Optometry student Andrew Treece was first-place winner of the 2010 Varilux Optometry Student Bowl.
The annual quiz-show style event was June 17 in conjunction with the 113th Annual American Optometric Association Congress and 40th Annual American Optometric Student Association meeting in Orlando, Fla. Treece, of Fultondale, Ala., competed against more than 1,200 students and optometry practitioners.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
UAB optometry student wins student bowl prizeBy Clinton Colmenares
Latest from Clinton Colmenares
- Leeth named UAB School of Medicine assistant dean for strategic planning
- Sergio Stagno stepping down after 25 years as chair
- Social determinants of obesity, related chronic diseases receive grant support
- Neurosurgery elevated to department status at UAB
- Young named assistant dean for medical student diversity and inclusion