The UAB Center for Information Assurance and Joint Forensics Research will host its inaugural Cyber Security Day Tuesday, July 31, 2012. The event, free and open to the public, will begin at 11 a.m. in Campbell Hall Room 405 with a presentation on insight in network centric behavioral authentication from Vir V. Phoha, Ph.D., W.W. Chew Endowed Professor of Computer Science of Louisiana Tech University. It will be followed by a 12:30 p.m. reception at the UAB Alumni House.
- UAB’s Amsler to join NSF as program officer for Antarctica research
- U.S. News places UAB in Top 5 among online engineering master’s programs for veterans
- UAB launches company to ID source and nature of cyber threats
- Chaffin awarded highest honor for professional planners
- UAB students help Carver High School students build electric car