Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both women and men in the United States. That is why, as the nation observes Heart Month in February, the UAB Heart & Vascular Clinic at Acton Road will host six brown-bag lunch seminars in its series to help people learn the basics about heart health and get the latest information that can save a life.
Attendees can bring their lunch and be introduced to UAB cardiologists Alan Gertler, M.D., and Mahesh Changlani, M.D. Nurse practitioner Jody Gilchrist will be the featured speaker for the events.
- Jan. 30 – Understanding Cholesterol
- Feb. 6 – Understanding Fat
- Feb. 13 – Facts about Fiber
- Feb. 20 – Reading Food Labels
- Feb. 27 – Eating Out
- March 6 – Weight Control Basics