Angela Lewis, Ph.D., associate professor of government
- Author of "Conservatism in the Black Community: To the Right and Misunderstood"
- Research has appeared in the National Political Science Review, American Review of Politics, Journal of African American Studies, Polity, International Journal of African Studies, Whose Black Politics and The Constitutionalism of American States
- American Political Science Association Ad Hoc Committee on Workable Solutions to Advancing Women in the Discipline, 2011; Co-Chair, Committee on the Status of Blacks in the Profession, 2006-08; Executive Council, Race, Ethnicity and Politics Section, 2003-05
- National Conference of Black Political Scientists, Chair, Fannie Lou Hammer Award, 2009
- Southwest Political Science Association, Jewel L. Prestage Best Paper Award Committee, 2009-10; Committee on the Status of African-Americans in the South, 2012-13
- Editorial Board, Ralph Bunche Journal of Public Affairs, December 2008-present