- Synthesize research, theoretical formulations, and principles of scientific inquiry to provide evidence-based practice.
- Assume leadership in managing and evaluating continuous quality improvement processes.
- Use information systems/technology to evaluate programs of care, outcomes of care, and care systems.
- Advocate and implement health-care policies that improve access, equity, efficiency, and social justice in the delivery of health care.
- Provide ethical, culturally sensitive care in an advanced nursing role independently and collaboratively with professionals from multiple disciplines.
- Monitor the quality of one's own nursing practice based on professional practice standards and relevant statutes and regulations.
- Apply theories and principles of marketing, economics, consultation, management, and leadership to comprehensively perform an advanced nursing role.
The master's program at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791.