This award has been established to recognize young nurse leaders who have received a degree from the UAB School of Nursing within the last 10 years and have demonstrated significant accomplishment and leadership in the field of nursing. The inaugural recipient must:
- Be a graduate of the UAB School of Nursing within the last 10 years
- Be actively employed at the time of nomination
- Execute quality clinical care in the workplace
- Serve as a leader and example to other new nurses.
- Nomination form
- Nominee’s updated curriculum vitae or resume
- Three letters of support addressing why the nominee is deserving of this award. Specific examples and stories are appreciated and encouraged
- 4x6 photograph of the nominee.
Who Should Nominate: Nominations are welcome from anyone who has been inspired or touched by one of our alumni—a fellow nurse, grateful patient, family member, peer, student, or physician.
Recipients and all nominees will be honored and recognized at the UAB School of Nursing Alumni Night and Awards Dinner on Friday, October 19th, as part of the School’s Alumni Weekend. Recipients will also be featured in an upcoming UAB Nursing magazine and other school media.
|2012 Young Alumni Merit Award Winners
|Matthew Banks, MSN ('11), BSN ('09), RN
Executive Director of Nursing/Operations, Shelby Baptist Medical Center
Sharon Engle, BSN ('11), RN, BS, CCRN
Nurse Manager, St. Vincent's East CICU and Cardiac Step-down Unit
Sarah Beth Slappey, BSN ('08), RN
Hematology/Oncology Staff RN, UAB Hospital
Volunteer RN, M-Power Ministries