1720 2nd Ave. S. Birmingham, AL 35294-1210
Education PhD Joint Program- University of Alabama and University of Alabama at Birmingham MSN University of Alabama at Birmingham BSN University of Alabama at Birmingham
Biography Dr. Deupree is a BSN graduate of the University of Alabama at Birmingham. She earned a MSN in Women's Health and a post MSN in Family Health from UAB School of Nursing. Dr. Deupree has been board certified as a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner since 1998.
Dr. Deupree earned her PhD through a jointly offered program between the Department of Health Science in the College of Human Environmental Sciences at The University of Alabama (UA), the Department of Human Studies in the School of Education at The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), and the Department of Health Behavior in the School of Public Health at UAB.
Appointed in 2010 the Specialty Track Coordinator for Women’s Health at UAB School of Nursing, Dr Deupree’s responsibilities include the management of the Dual Adult/Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner program in addition to teaching a campus-wide undergraduate course on the topic of Health Literacy.Research/Clinical Interest
- Health Literacy
- Women's Health
- Professional Nursing Issues
Publications/Presentation Dr. Deupree has conducted numerous workshops and has presented at the local, state and national level on issues related to health literacy, the aging population and adverse drug events, scope of practice for nurse practitioners and the nursing shortage.Honors
- 2012-2014 President, Nurse Practitioner Alliance of Alabama
- 2011- Honored as Co-founder of the Nurse Practitioner Alliance of Alabama
- 2008 Appointed by Governor Riley to serve on the Child Death Review Board for a 3 year term.
- 2002-2005 Co-Investigator of Pfizer Health Literacy Grant
- 2002-2006 Appointed by Governor Siegelman to serve on the Alabama Board of Nursing for five years