The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Nursing, through its Office of Clinical Affairs and Partnerships (OCAP) is committed to assuming a leadership role in workforce development and health-care delivery through partnerships and collaborative initiatives with clinical agencies, communities, and other educational organizations. Further, the UABSON and OCAP are committed to excellence in building collaborative partnership initiatives within the academic health science center at UAB as well as establishing other innovative partnerships that advance our mission related to education, research and scholarship, and professional service/practice.
The Office of Clinical Affairs and Partnerships (OCAP) provides leadership and oversight for the following initiatives:
- Professional practice partnerships, agreements, and contracts related to faculty practice.
- Community partnership development that supports the tripartite mission of the School of Nursing.
- Professional development opportunities for faculty, UABSON partners/preceptors, licensed professional nurses, and other student learning experiences.
- Coordination of the UAB Hospital/UABSON partnership related to the post-baccalaureate nurse residency program.
- Ongoing review, evaluation, and database management related to clinical agency agreements and contracts for student learning experiences in all academic programs.