The Producer’s Society: $10,000 (only six available)
The Director’s Guild: $5,000
The Critics’ Circle: $2,500
The Actor’s League: $1,200
Thank you for helping make Applause for the Cause: Building on the Foundation of Nursing a success. Because of your generosity, more than $70,000 was raised for the UAB School of Nursing.
Through your support, the lives of our students and the health of our community will be significantly impacted for years to come. Thank you for being part of this memorable evening. We are fortunate to have caring members of our community like you helping us to prepare tomorrow’s nurses.
Robert E. Luckie III
Chair, Board of Visitors
The 2011 UAB School of Nursing Alumni Weekend, held on October 7th-8th, provided a wonderful opportunity for our alumni to reconnect with former classmates, faculty, and their alma mater.
The weekend included a luncheon for our school’s diploma graduates, who laid the foundation of nursing education today, an open presentation by Sandra Dunbar, DSN, RN, FAAN, FAHA, the School’s 2011 Distinguished Alumni, the 9th annual Alumni Night honoring the accolades and compassionate care of our alumni, and a tailgate at the UAB vs Mississippi State Football Game
The 2011 Alumni Night and Awards Ceremony was held on Friday, October 7 at the UAB National Alumni Society House and co-sponsored by the Nursing Chapter of the UAB National Alumni Society and the UAB School of Nursing.
The evening included:
- An opportunity for alumni to reconnect with classmates, colleagues, and faculty
- Presentation of Alumni and Student Awards:
- Distinguished Alumni Award: Dr. Sandra B. Dunbar
- Jo Ann Barnett Award for Compassionate Care: Carol Linn, Ellen Carmichael, Debra Stewart
- Lifetime Service Award: Dr. Mildred Hamner
- Outstanding BSN, MSN, and Doctoral Student Awards: Simone Durand, Krista Hebert, Alexis Mitchell, Dr. Vicky Stone-Gale, and Dr. Natalie Wilson
- Heavy Hors D’oeuvres from the fabulous Café Iz Catering
- Confirmed reunions for class of 1955, 1956, 1961, 1976
Also celebrating other anniversary classes of 1951, 1966, 1971, 1981, 1986, 1991, 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011.Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in becoming a class representative to organize your class reunion!
The School of Nursing hosts receptions for alumni across the state and the nation as an opportunity for alumni to reconnect with classmates and colleagues, and learn more about what is happening at the School. Be a part of the school’s future by attending a gathering in your area! Alumni gatherings for the 2013-14 school year will be posted soon.
2013 Florida Alumni Gatherings