The Notice of Participation (NOP) and Notice of Intent (NOI) are forms that were created within the SON CNR as a means of receiving pertinent information relative to faculty member participation on grant and contract activities both within and outside of the SON.
The information contained on these forms is used to communicate anticipated grant/contract activities to CNR staff, Director of Fiscal Affairs and Administration, Director of Operations, Department Chairs, Assistant Deans, Associate Deans, and the Dean. This information is also used as a management tool and in fiscal reporting.
Notice of Participation (NOP)
- Required to be submitted only when SON faculty are participating on a grant/contract activity with a percent of effort assigned external to the SON but within UAB.
- Completed only when all information on the form is available but in advance of your participation
- If multiple SON personnel are participating on the same proposal, then one NOP may be used but each Department Chair must sign if SON faculty participating are from different departments.
- The NOP is NOT required when you are participating on a grant/contract activity being submitted by the SON. In this case, the PI/PD for the SON proposal has already listed you on their NOI (see below).
- If you send a completed but unsigned NOP to CNR staff (i.e. via email), the NOP will be returned to obtain appropriate SON signatures.
Notice of Intent (NOI) to submit a Proposal
- Completed only when your specific aims or project objectives have been approved by the appropriate Associate Dean
- Required to be submitted when SON Faculty are submitting a proposal from the SON as a PI/PD or as a project member on a proposal external to UAB.
- Please select the correct version for your application type (i.e. HRSA NOI, Faculty Research NOI, PhD NOI, or UAB Hospital NOI)
- If multiple SON personnel are participating on the same proposal, each Department Chair must sign if SON faculty participating are from different departments.
- PhD NOIs must be signed by the Dissertation Chair and the PhD Coordinator before routing for remaining signatures.
- If you send a completed but unsigned NOI to CNR staff (i.e. via email), the NOI will be returned to obtain appropriate SON signatures.
- The NOI is NOT intended to provide permission by the Dean to officially submit but a notification to appropriate SON personnel that you intend to submit a proposal Final proposal approval may be granted only by the Dean after proposal review
Please use the guidance above when determining which form to submit. The NOP and NOI can be accessed on the CNR Share Point site located at: https://uabweb.ad.uab.edu/son/research/Pages/default.aspx then scroll down and click the appropriate tabbed section.