DOT Medical Examiner Online TrainingBeginning May 2014, all medical certificates issued to interstate truck and bus drivers must come from medical examiners on the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners.
To become a Certified Medical Examiner, you must:
- Be licensed, certified, or registered to perform physical examinations in accordance with applicable state laws and regulations
- Register through the National Registry System and receive a unique identifier
- Complete required training by an approved Training Provider
- Pass the Medical Examiner Certification Test
The DOT Medical Examiner Certification Review Course offered by the University of Alabama at Birmingham will be available October 1, 2013.
The target audience for this training is physicians (MD and DO), nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and doctors of chiropractic.
The course uses an online, distance accessible format and consists of 13 modules. A passing score on the final examination allows the participant to sit for the certification test required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
For more information on this training contact:
The University of Alabama School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Alabama School of Medicine designates this educational activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
UAB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.
Courses & Events
This interactive workshop is designed to enhance leadership practices for quality and safety. The workshop focuses on developing authentic leaders, practice environments, teamwork, and interprofessional collaborative relationships conducive to quality and safety.
For more information contact Becky Wakefield at askSONCE@uab.eduor call 205-975-2481. To register now, click here.
Ebola: What Every Healthcare Professional Should Know (for CE Credit)
This course provides CE credits for medicine and nursing for a cost of $25.00. If you are not seeking CE credits, please register for the free course (SON-EBL-PD) below.
About the Office of Professional Development
The Office of Professional Development provides an infrastructure for the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Professional Development Plan, which includes web-based and other lifelong learning offerings through continuing education. Our goal is to expand the reach of UAB School of Nursing by leading high quality, innovative educational programs that advance health and healthcare through the lifelong learning of nurse leaders and other health professionals both locally and globally.
We meet these objectives by:
- Offer educational programming, delivered through a variety of mediums, which meets the professional development needs of nurses and others.
- Develop educational programming that addresses vital health and healthcare concerns in Alabama, nationally and internationally.
- Utilize the knowledge and expertise of nationally recognized multidisciplinary faculty and alumni in the development and delivery of high-quality, innovative, signature programs.