The UAB School of Nursing is committed to meeting the urgent need for qualified nurses and nurse educators in the United States and worldwide. As one of the leaders in nurse education and nursing research, it is our obligation to advance the profession, the practice, and the discovery of new knowledge as we focus on improving the health of all people.
Fueled by the generosity and leadership of our treasured alumni, donors, faculty and friends, the School of Nursing is leading nursing education in the 21st century. But we know there is more to be done.
As UAB and the School of Nursing embark on The Campaign for UAB: Give Something, Change Everything, your participation helps create the next generation of nurse leaders, researchers and faculty. Your gift, in any amount, will make an important difference and is more critical than ever to assure excellence in nursing education.
President Ray Watts has set a goal for UAB to be one of the most dynamic and productive universities of the 21st century and attain the vision to be an internationally renown research university — a first choice for education and health care. School of Nursing leadership, faculty, staff and students are honored to be a part of this vision.
The School of Nursing stands proud with the University — the premier academic health science center in a progressive health system, located in one of the leading diverse universities in the nation. In keeping with the School's long-standing commitment of collaboration across the University's missions of teaching, research and service, our Strategic Plan has exciting synergy with UAB's vision to be a world-renown research university and medical center — a first choice for education and health care, the IOM's Future of Nursing Report, and the Academic Medical Center of the 21st Century (AMC21), the Strategic Plan for UAB Medicine.
During The Campaign for UAB: Give Something, Change Everything, UAB will raise $1 billion that will enable the University to expand educational and cultural opportunities, advance research and patient care and fuel economic development. The School will accomplish its part of this goal, and the goals set forth in its Strategic Plan, by aligning our resources with our aspirations:
- Build expansion with connections to reconfigured existing SON building to create new state-of-the-art space for effective and flexible learning, work, and research spaces;
- Increase endowment funding to competitively recruit nationally renowned nurse faculty/scientists with research that strategically aligns with the university;
- Competitively attract diverse, high quality undergraduate and graduate nursing students;
- Enhance funds for undergraduate and graduate nursing programs at UAB to overcome the projected faculty and primary care shortage in Alabama and the Southeast;
- Build programming that reinforces the fundamental health principles that Florence Nightingale pioneered and demonstrate how those principles can be used to address the most critical health issues facing our communities today.
UAB has long thrived on collaboration and shared progress, and we are optimistic that we will be a first choice for philanthropy for those who believe an investment in UAB is an investment in our city, state and nation.
Above all, we appreciate your interest in supporting the UAB School of Nursing. More than ever, gifts from alumni, foundations, corporate investors, and friends are vital to sustaining the quality of our academic programs and to ensuring that the school offers a rewarding and enriching student experience. No matter the size, your gift makes a difference and is greatly appreciated. Give Something, Change Everything.