Highlighted Announcements - Spring 2016
LSU Preceptor Presents Abstract Writing Session to CTS Trainees via Videoconference - Available on the CCTS YouTube channelOn April 16, students in our 6-month Clinical and Translational Science (CTS) Training Program learned abstract writing from one of LSUHSC’s finest—Dr. Paula Gregory, director, Office of Faculty Development and professor of Genetics. Dr. Gregory presented from New Orleans using new videoconferencing tools at CCTS. You can catch Dr. Gregory’s presentation on abstract writing on the CCTS YouTube channel.
Apply today for direct research support to offset expense(s) for clinical and translational research services, such as clinical research units, sample handling and biospecimen storage, necessary laboratory tests, and more. More information here
From "Nurse Author & Editor" a helpful website full of topics that include cover letters, ethics, peer review and getting published. Click here for more information.
For many new investigators, applying for and winning grants is one of the biggest hurdles that will determine success on the tenure track. As federal grant budgets tighten, all investigators — and especially new investigators — are struggling to find ways to finance their research. Check out this blog entry to read the whole article.
The Naturejobs blog aims to be the leading online resource for scientists in academia and industry who seek guidance in developing their careers. The blog delivers a mix of expert advice and personal stories to help readers review, set and achieve their career goals.
firstname.lastname@example.org or (205) 934-2145.
Recent IOM Reports
- Mitochondrial Replacement Techniques: Ethical, Social, and Policy Considerations
- Rapid Medical Countermeasure Response to Infectious Diseases: Enabling Sustainable Capabilities Through Ongoing Public- and Private-Sector Partnerships: Workshop Summary
- How Modeling Can Inform Strategies to Improve Population Health: Workshop Summary
- Examining a Developmental Approach to Childhood Obesity: The Fetal and Early Childhood Years: Workshop Summary
- Strategies to Improve Cardiac Arrest Survival: A Time to Act
- Cross-Sector Responses to Obesity: Models for Change: Workshop Summary
- Vital Signs: Core Metrics for Health and Health Care Progress
- Measuring the Impact of Interprofessional Education (IPE) on Collaborative Practice and Patient Outcomes
Have other resources you would like to share? email me at email@example.com