According to the EPA, the average home can have as much as 100 pounds of environmentally harmful products stored in various areas.
- Read the label
- Keep products in original containers & stored safely away from children and pets
- Dispose of household products safely
- Try alternative products when available
- Pour harmful household products down a sink, toilet, or bathtub drain unless they're made for that purpose
- Pour products like used oil or bug killer on the ground or into storm drains
- Store leftover products in food or beverage containers