flag redOracle System Upgrade Impact on Controlled Substances Ordering

Oracle will be down July 31st until August 6th for upgrades.
The Oracle system upgrade will begin July 31, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. The Oracle system will be UNAVAILABLE during the upgrade until August 6, 2014. Financial Affairs has established processing deadlines for certain transactions for the month of July to allow for the system downtime.

The deadline for placing controlled substance orders in the Oracle System is 5:00 pm Monday July 28, 2014.


The UAB Controlled Substances Program provides training for all authorized personnel working with controlled substances at UAB. This includes information about the DEA website, identifying controlled substances, storage requirements, purchasing requirements and recordkeeping.

All individuals listed on the CSUA are required to take and pass CS245: Using Controlled Substances in Research, Teaching and Veterinary Care.  In addition to the on line training, the Controlled Substances website provides training in several areas by way of specific “Job Aids”, such as how to order through Oracle, etc.

Training links:

Controlled Substances Program Glossary
CS245: Using Controlled Substances in Research, Teaching, and Veterinary Care
How to Order CS through the Oracle Purchasing System
How to Manage Your Online CSUA Inventory