There are two courses that are associated with the UAB Controlled Substances Program.
- Using Controlled Substances in Research, Teaching, and Veterinary Care at UAB (OHS_CS245). This course is REQUIRED for anyone that will be conducting research with Controlled Substances. If you are working with ANY Scheduled Substances in your research area, you MUST complete this course.
- How to Get an Authorization to Use Controlled Substances in Research (OHS_CS246). This course is required for any Principal Investigator (PI) that will be applying for a Controlled Substance Use Authorization (CSUA) Number. Only PI’s are allowed to apply for a CSUA Number. This course will show you how to apply for a CSUA, how to maintain it, and the responsibility of everyone involved.
You are required to take this training by the:
- United States Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- UAB’s Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Controlled Substances Program
Below you will find reference material/Job Aids to assist you. Feel free to return here and print any of the material you find useful.