Before a lab can purchase Controlled Substances (CS), the principal investigator (PI) must have an approved Controlled Substance Use Authorization (CSUA). Only those substances which have been authorized and approved on the PI's CSUA may be requisitioned by that PI.

Purchase Order Requisitions will need to be generated by the PI through the Oracle Purchase Order system. All orders entered for CS at UAB for research, teaching, or veterinary care will be routed through workflow to Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) and placed with the vendor by OH&S.

Note: If there is a vendor and/or Controlled Substance that you need but it’s not on the list, contact OH&S Controlled Substances Program Manager at 205-934-2487.

Below you will find reference material/Job Aids to assist you. Feel free to return here and print any of the material you find useful.