Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Who will see the information on my form?
    All forms should be submitted in "Confidential" envelopes. All information submitted will be treated as confidential and will only be reviewed by HIPAA-trained Occupational Health Professionals.
  2. I am a volunteer or visiting scientist. Can I enroll in this program?
    View the rules for eligibility.
  3. I will be traveling abroad. Can I get immunizations for international travel through this program?
    Immunizations will only be provided if they are required or recommended for the work performed at UAB.
  4. What is the status of my animal protocol approval?
    All questions regarding specific animal protocols should be directed to the IACUC Office at 4-7692 or 4-7880.
  5. I am a PI and have completed the form and am thus enrolled in the OH&S Employee Health Program. Shouldn't my animal protocol be approved by now?
    All personnel listed as involved on the Animal Use Review Form must be enrolled in the OH&S Employee Health Program prior to protocol approval. Other factors (i.e., providing answers to all questions posed by the IACUC, satisfying training requirements, standard processing times, etc.) may be involved.
  6. How do I determine my enrollment status?
    You may contact Employee Health at 934-2487.
Any other questions about the OH&S Employee Health Program can be answered by calling 934-2487.

Questions concerning the requirements for this program should be directed to Donna Williamson at 934-4752.