BIO301L: Medical Waste TrainingThe Medical Waste course is online and is required every three years or if regulations or procedures change.
- Offer medical waste for transport from a UAB campus location,
- Sign the manifest,
- Pack the transport containers,
- Operate a transport vehicle, or
- Load, unload, or handle medical waste
This course meets DOT training requirements for persons who offer medical waste to a contractor for transport from UAB facilities.
A BlazerID or XIAS account is required to register for and take the course.
Registration: Follow these registration instructions.
Below you will find reference material and job aids to assist you in handling and packing medical waste. After completing the course, feel free to return here and print any of the material you find useful.
- Appendix J - UAB Medical Waste Management Plan
- Biomedical Waste Disposal Guide & Biological Toxins
- Examples of Category A Infectious Substances
- "Incinerate Only" label
- Medical Waste Management for Labs - Course Materials
- Medical Waste Management Supplies
- Packing Containers
- Packaging Procedures for Medical Waste Disposal
- Waste Acceptance Policy