This course has a pre-requisite. If you have not completed the Radiation Safety Initial Training Sessions (OHS_RS102) or an approved equivalent, you will not be able to register for this course. Please check your training records. If you have any questions, please the Department of Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) at (205) 934-2487.
If you work with radioisotopes as a part of your job, or are a Licensee or Alternate, you must complete this course and pass its assessment. The passing score is 90% or higher. Retain the certificate in your lab file. You may be asked to present proof of your completion of training (certificate).
A BlazerID or XIAS account is required to register for and take the course.
Registration: Follow these registration instructions.
Below you will find reference material and job aids to assist you in working with radioisotopes. After completing the course, feel free to return here and print any of the material you find useful.
- 2017 Inventory Calendar
- Accepted Half-Lives of Commonly Used Radioisotopes
- How Long Do I Keep This?
- Isotope Receipt & Use Log
- Notice to Employees
- Ordering, Receiving, and Transferring Radioactive Material
- Radiation Safety Glossary
- Radiation Safety Refresher (OHS_RS103) Course Materials
- Radioactive Waste Packaging
- Radioactive Waste Pickup Checklist
- The Responsibility Hierarchy
- Transferring of Radioactive Materials