Health & Safety Fair - Burnin' Down the House
The Fair will be held on Friday, Nov. 1st from 11 AM to 3 PM on the lawn of Rast Hall (off 10th Ave, between 14th & 15th Street, across from the UAB Campus Green). image by Fredia Dillard/UAB
A Fire Safety Demonstration involving the burning of full-scale models of residence hall rooms will follow the Homecoming Parade.
There will be food available, music, free drinks, free T-shirts, free giveaways, a raffle, as well as health and safety displays and presentations.
Participants will include:
- UAB Counseling & Wellness Center
- UAB Recreational Center
- UAB Police
- Deep South Center for Occupational Health & Safety
- UAB Student Health
- UAB Translational Research for Injury Prevention
- UAB Department of Environmental Health Sciences
- UAB School of Public Health
- Jefferson County Health Department
- Jefferson County Emergency Management Agency
- ABC 33/40 Weatherman James Spann
- Birmingham Fire Department
- ADECA Yellow Dot Program
Welcome to our new website!
We are pleased to present the new OH&S website.
It is easier to navigate, includes more information about the services we provide to the UAB community, and incorporates numerous enhancements based directly on feedback from our customers.