BIO304: Biosafety Cabinets & Fume HoodsWhen working with hazardous materials, there are times you may need to work inside some type of ventilation hood or cabinet, but do you know which one?
This training is required for anyone that will be conducting work and/or research that requires a Biosafety Cabinet, Fume Hood, or Clean Air Station.
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the difference between Fume Hoods, Biosafety Cabinets, and Clean Air Stations.
- Know the consequences that could happen if improper use of equipment is happening.
- Know how to properly use the correct ventilation equipment.
- Know what the various signage and postings in your area mean.
- Know how to properly protect yourself and surroundings by using sound work practices.
Registration: Follow these registration instructions.
Below you will find reference material and job aids to assist you in biosafety cabinets and fume hoods. After completing the course, feel free to return here and print any of the material you find useful.