It is designed to teach employees:
- how to recognize hazardous materials in the workplace,
- where to get information about them,
- how to read and properly label hazardous materials, and
- what to do in case of emergencies involving hazardous materials.
Registration: Follow these registration instructions.A copy of the completed training certificate must be maintained on file and presented to the proper authorities upon request.
Once you pass the assessment for the course, you may go to the My Transcript tab and located the course link. Once you click on the link, you will see another link that brings up your certificate for the course. Choose File, Print to print it.
Below you will find reference material and job aids to assist you in understanding the Hazard Communication Standard. After completing the course, feel free to return here and print any of the material you find useful.
- Chemical Spills and Spill Kits
- HAZCOM Course Assignments
- HAZCOMM Frequently Asked Questions
- HS200: Course Materials
- Mercury Spills
- Need to Order an SDS?
- OSHA's Hazard Standard Communication
- SDS Central - FAQs and more
- SDS for Sodium Hydroxide Pellets
- Sodium reaction in water (video)
Call 205-934-2487 for more information.