After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Recognize and prevent common Life Safety Code violations.
- Know what to look for when performing an annual building inspection. (This annual inspection should be performed by the Building Administrator, managers, or designee. A checklist has been provided at the bottom of this page to assist you.)
- Know what OH&S will look for when they perform a building inspection.
- Maintain their buildings in a manner that minimizes risk to faculty, staff and students.
- Responsibilities of building supervisors/managers
- Fire and smoke barriers
- Fire alarms and smoke alarms
- Emergency equipment – fire extinguishers, fire connections, etc.
- Basic electrical equipment safety.
Registration: Follow these registration instructions.
After completing the course, if you wish to receive credit, finish the survey for each building you oversee and submit it.
- e-mail a completed copy of this checklist to email@example.com OR
- fax it to Mike Boyle at 934-7487 OR
- send it by campus mail to:
CH 19 Room 445
Call 205-934-2487 for more information.