Part one, RS1001 Online Initial Radiation Safety Training, of the course is online and consists of four modules with a comprehensive quiz at the end of each module:
- Module 1: Radiation Basics (Terminology), Quiz 1
- Module 2: Radiation Calculations, Quiz 2
- Module 3: Policies and Procedures (Specific to UAB and the State of Alabama), Quiz 3
- Module 4: Ordering, Receiving, Transferring, and Disposal of Radioactive Materials at UAB, Quiz 4
Upon successful completion of RS1001 Online Initial Radiation Safety Training, you may register for part two, the RS1002 Applied Radiation Safety Practicum.
RS1002 Applied Radiation Safety Practicum will be made available to the student only after successful completion of RS1001 Online Initial Radiation Safety Training.
A BlazerID or XIAS account is required to register for and take the course.
Registration: Follow these registration instructions.A copy of the completed training certificate must be maintained on file and presented to the proper authorities upon request.
Once you pass the assessment for the course, you may go to the My Transcript tab and located the course link. Once you click on the link, you will see another link that brings up your certificate for the course. Choose File, Print to print it.
Below you will find reference material and job aids to assist you in understanding the Radiation Safety Standard. After completing the course, feel free to return here and print any of the material you find useful.
- 2013 Inventory Calendar
- Accepted Half-Lives of Commonly Used Radioisotopes
- Decommissioning and Termination Procedures
- Ordering Radioactive Materials
- PMF - Personnel Monitoring Form
- Radioactive Waste Packing Checklist
- Radioactive Waste Packing Notice
- Radiation Safety Glossary
- Radiation Work with Protective Lead Aprons
- Responsibilities of the Licensees and Alternate Licensees
- The Responsibility Hierarchy
- Transferring Radioactive Materials
Call 205-934-2487 for more information.