If you work with radioisotopes as a part of your job, or are a Licensee or Alternate, you must complete this course and pass its quiz. A passing score of 80% or higher on the quiz is necessary in order to receive a certificate of completion. Retain the certificate in your lab file. You may be asked to present proof of training (certificate).
This course has a pre-requisite. If you have not completed RS1003 Radiation Safety Initial Training Sessions, or an approved equivalent, you will NOT be able register for this course. Please check your training records by following these steps.
A BlazerID or XIAS account is required to register for and take the course.
Registration: Follow these registration instructions.
Below you will find reference material and job aids to assist you in working with radioisotopes. After completing the course, feel free to return here and print any of the material you find useful.
- Accepted Half-Lives of Commonly Used Radioisotopes
- Decommissioning and Termination Procedures
- 2014 Inventory Calendar
- Ordering, Receiving, and Transferring Radioactive Material
- PMF - Personnel Monitoring Form
- Radiation Safety Emergency Procedures
- Radiation Safety Glossary (also available as a PDF)
- Radiation Safety Refresher Course Materials
- Radiation Work with Protective Lead Aprons
- Responsibilities of Licensees and Alternate Licensees (also available as a PDF)
- The Responsibility Hierarchy
- Transferring Radioactive Materials