The online portion consists of three modules. Each module is followed by an assessment. You must score 80% or higher in order to pass each assessment. You will not be allowed to proceed to the next module until you pass the current one.
- Module 1: The Basics
- Module 2: Calculations
- Module 3: Policies and Procedures
After you have completed the bioassay, the Learning System will open the last part of the course – the hands-on Practicum. Like the bioassay, you will register for a set time. The Practicum is a place where you will practice what you have learned.
Once you have started this course, you have three months to complete it.
Once you have successfully completed the practicum, you will be finished with the course unless you are a License or Alternate License. For those who are Licenses or Alternates, you must complete the Radiation Safety License and Management course. This is taught live one-on-one at this time.
Remember you must complete the Radiation Safety Refresher every five years or if regulations change.
A BlazerID or XIAS account is required to register for and take the course.
Registration: Follow these registration instructions.A copy of the completed training certificate must be maintained on file and presented to the proper authorities upon request.
Once you pass the assessment for the course, you may go to the My Transcript tab and located the course link. Once you click on the link, you will see another link that brings up your certificate for the course. Choose File, Print to print it.
Below you will find reference material and job aids to assist you in understanding the Radiation Safety Standard. After completing the course, feel free to return here and print any of the material you find useful.
- 2014 Inventory Calendar
- Accepted Half-Lives of Commonly Used Radioisotopes
- Decommissioning and Termination Procedures
- Ordering, Receiving, and Transferring Radioactive Materials
- Radioactive Waste Packing Checklist
- Radioactive Waste Packing Notice
- Radiation Safety Glossary (also available as a PDF)
- Radiation Safety Emergency Procedures
- Radiation Work with Protective Lead Aprons
- Responsibilities of the Licensees and Alternate Licensees
- The Responsibility Hierarchy
- Transferring Radioactive Materials
Call 205-934-2487 for more information.