OH&S Support Facility Staff will no longer pick up radioactive waste unless the person manifesting the waste:
- Has successfully completed the Radiation Safety Initial Training Sessions course or the Radiation Refresher course within the last 5 years.
- Has a baseline bioassay on file.
- Participated in the hands-on Radiation Safety Practicum.
- Is listed on the approved Radiation Safety License.
- Has successfully completed this course every 365 days so that the OH&S Support Facility will pick up the waste.
A BlazerID or XIAS account is required to register for and take the course.
Registration: Follow these registration instructions.A copy of the completed training certificate must be maintained on file and presented to the proper authorities upon request.
Once you pass the assessment for the course, you may go to the My Transcript tab and located the course link. Once you click on the link, you will see another link that brings up your certificate for the course. Choose File, Print to print it.
Below you will find reference material and job aids to assist you in understanding the Radiation Safety Waste Handling & Packing. After completing the course, feel free to return here and print any of the material you find useful.
If you have any questions, please contact the Radiation Safety Program at (205) 934-2487 or the OH&S Support Facility at (205) 934-3797.