Admissions RequirementsThe UAB Online admission process begins with the completion of an undergraduate or graduate application. Online programs require formal admission to UAB as well as any requirements specified by the individual degree program.
- Minimum GPA of 2.25 (or international equivalent)
- Minimum ACT score of 20 or SAT score of 950
- Complete Graduate admissions process
Non-degree-seeking StudentsNon-degree Certificates
- A non-degree-seeking application is required
- Limited academic credit may be offered for completion of these courses
Non-degree Professional Studies Courses
- A non-degree-seeking application is not required; open enrollment
- No academic credit offered for the completion of these courses
- A cumulative GPA of 2.0 (or international equivalent) after completing 24 semester hours of transferable college-level work
- Must be in good academic standing at all of the other colleges or universities attended
- If fewer than 24 credit hours of transferrable work have been taken, a minimum admission requirements for entering freshmen must be demonstrated with either
- A minimum high school GPA of 2.25
- A minimum ACT score of 20 or SAT score of 950 (critical reading and math)
- A COMPASS test may be taken in place of the ACT or SAT if the student graduated four or more years ago. Minimum scores in all three test sections will be required: 37 in algebra, 60 in English, and 74 in reading.
- Readmission normally follows standard application processes
- The applicant must provide evidence of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL or other proof).
- There are no unique restrictions on transfer credit for international students.
- Students are expected to have appropriate access to technology, including access to the Internet.
- The applicant must submit official high school transcripts or GED score (if 19 years of age or older).
- The applicant must submit official test score results.
- ACT or SAT for applicants 19-21 years of age
- COMPASS examination for applicants 22 years of age or older (UAB Policy)
Certain programs have additional requirements beyond UAB’s requirements for general admission. For details, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission.