The UAB Low Vision Center is dedicated to:
- Using a rehabilitation team approach to meet the broad physical, social and emotional needs of person with vision impairment.
- Providing comprehensive vision rehabilitation aimed at preserving independence and improving our patient’s quality of life.
- Training researchers, eye care providers, allied health professionals and teachers through excellence in rehabilitation education.
- Reducing and eliminating physical, social, educational, financial, vocational, and environmental barriers to permit access to vision rehabilitation services.
- Advancing vision rehabilitation knowledge through innovation and research.
- Providing community education and outreach to increase awareness of vision impairment and rehabilitation.
The UAB Center for Visual Rehabilitation is located on the 4th floor in Suite 405 of the Callahan Eye Foundation Hospital at UAB. Our address is 700 18th Street South, Birmingham, Alabama 35294-0009, Phone (205) 488-0736. We have an attached parking deck for our patients. Parking is free for those who get their parking tickets validated in the clinic. Enter the deck from University Blvd.