The overarching mission of ADAPT is to promote the health and well-being of the citizens of Alabama by performing the following:
1. Fostering interdisciplinary research programs to optimize the treatment of pain by understanding its mechanisms and examining the effects of interventions.
2. Providing research infrastructure for scientists and clinicians interested in pain-related research.
3. Training and educating the next wave of scientists and healthcare professionals at all levels including undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate students, as well
as residents/fellows/interns in medicine and other health-related professions on existent and experimental methodologies related to pain treatment.
4. Promoting the recruitment of established scientists and clinicians into pain-related research programs.
5. Promoting outreach and education related to pain treatment based on findings of scientific research trials.