Collat School of Business
MISSION: We create and disseminate business knowledge that transforms the lives of our students and stakeholders by leveraging our locational advantages for the benefit of our community, state and global constituents.
VISION: We strive to be a renowned business school focused on leadership, innovation and entrepreneurship.STRATEGIC PLAN SUMMARY: The UAB Collat School of Business will be a school of business renowned for its leadership, innovation, and entrepreneurship. High expectations for teaching, faculty scholarship, and student success; servant leadership with shared governance; and the values of integrity, diversity, excellence, collegiality and collaboration provide the foundation for attaining the school’s five goals of sustained growth, distinctive programs, value-added partnerships, stakeholder engagement, and program-centric infrastructure.
Goal: Deliver innovative educational programs that stimulate growth, student success and financial sustainability.
- Increase credit hours and head count by 50 percent.
- Increase retention and the number of graduates.
- Increase number of online degree programs.
- Develop minors and certificates.
- Expand professional development programs.
- Increase student success.
Goal: Deliver excellent educational programs to positively impact economic development in our region through UAB’s Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Deliver a graduate certificate in technology commercialization.
- Deliver an undergraduate minor in entrepreneurship.
- Develop intellectual capacity and capabilities to support this institute.
- Increase faculty engagement in innovation and entrepreneurship.
Goal: Build value-added partnerships that serve our community, enhance student success and diversify our revenue streams.
- Develop MBA dual-degree programs (MD/MBA, DMD/MBA, OD/MBA).
- Deliver leadership training for emerging health care leaders.
- Deliver professional continuing education courses for health care professionals.
- Create a Leadership Institute.
Goal: Support faculty and staff development and empower them to take ownership of our School’s programs.
- Support professional development for faculty and staff.
- Support faculty research.
- Develop and support faculty tracks to allow faculty to serve in different ways.
- Develop program managers and core course coordinators.
Goal: Acquire needed facilities and leverage technology to support excellence in teaching, research and service.
- Develop plans for a new School of Business Building.
- Raise funds to construct a new School of Business building.
- Invest in technology and back-office support to enhance teaching and learning.