Career Counseling now available
Our new Career Counelor is Jami Armbrester. She currently serves as the Associate Director of Career and Professional Development at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. She is responsible for establishing a program building career planning and management as well as professional development for trainees in the Office of Postdoctoral Education and graduate students across UAB. She will setting up resources and programs for collaborative use and effectiveness for these students and trainees. Prior to her current position, Ms. Armbrester was part of the Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at UAB where she executed the marketing and public relations strategy for this new Institute.
Ms. Armbrester received her Masters of Science in Biotechnology from UAB. She completed her undergraduate studies at Auburn University in Economics and at UAB in Biology with a minor in Chemistry.
Ms. Armbrester is available by appointment in the OPE office in Shelby 171A and the 936 Building to meet with postdocs and GBS students. Jami is available for one-hour, confidential, one-on-one career counseling. With individualized career counseling, she can help you:
- Clarify and define your career goals
- Research and explore career options
- Identify your strengths and weakness
- Implement a plan for skills development
- Develop an effective self-marketing campaign, including job search materials (i.e., CV, resume, cover letter)
- Prepare for upcoming interviews (academic and industry)