Fall - 2014
"Lab Management Course for Postdoctoral Scholars”
This course will introduce every aspect of laboratory management to postdoctoral scholars. Class topics will include:
- Managing Start-Up Budgets and Projects
- Effective Hiring and Mentoring Practices
- Managing Communication and Conflict
- Data Management
- Safe Laboratory Practices
- Navigating the Tenure Process director
Throughout the course, participants are expected to write and present a laboratory management plan to the class. This course is open to postdoctoral scholars in any discipline.
Class meeting schedule:
The class will meet from September 9th - November 4th, 2014 on Tuesdays at 1 p.m. for 2 hours. in Shelby Room 105.
Please contact Dr. Lisa Schwiebert at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.