Lab Management Course Announcement
Fall - 2014
"Lab Management Course for Postdoctoral Scholars”
This course will introduce every aspect of laboratory management to postdoctoral scholars. Class topics will include:
- Managing Start-Up Budgets and Projects
- Effective Hiring and Mentoring Practices
- Managing Communication and Conflict
- Data Management
- Safe Laboratory Practices
- Navigating the Tenure Process director
Throughout the course, participants are expected to write and present a laboratory management plan to the class. This course is open to postdoctoral scholars in any discipline.
Class meeting schedule:
The class will meet once a week for two hours in the Fall of 2014 TBA.
Course enrollment is limited to 25 participants.
Please contact the Office of Postdoctoral Education or email us at postdocs@uab for more information.