Application Procedure: Application for early admission is accepted through February 1st for Fall admission. Application for regular admission is accepted through May 1st for Fall admission. Application is made through the UAB Graduate School. Graduate School admission forms are available from the UAB Graduate School or online here.
Admission Requirements: Prospective students must:
- Have a biology, chemistry, or a related major from an accredited college or university
- Have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 computed from all undergraduate credits, or from the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate course credit
- Have taken the GRE General test
- If foreign-educated, have a score of at least 550 for paper version (or 80 for Internet version; or 213 for computer version) on the TOEFL and submit a transcript evaluation from World Education Services (WES) at www.wes.org
- Provide a written statement of career goals