NMT Admission Requirements
Application Deadline: February 15th for priority admission. Students begin the program in the fall semester.
The student usually will have completed approximately 70 semester hours before transferring to SHP for five or six semesters of professional courses. Acceptance will be based upon the student’s academic ability and aptitude for a career in nuclear medicine technology. The candidate is expected to satisfy the following requirements:
- be accepted by UAB,
- have a minimum cumulative overall grade point average of 2.5 (A=4.0),
- have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (A=4.0) in Natural Sciences and Mathematics prerequisite courses in Area III and Area V (under special circumstances and with permission of the faculty, this requirement may be waived),
- have a minimum grade of C in each prerequisite course,
- complete a personal interview with the selection committee, and
- if accepted, complete the UAB medical history questionnaire and physical, provide proof of required immunizations, and receive satisfactory screening by the UAB Medical Center Student Health Service.
Applicants should submit the following materials:
To the UAB Undergraduate Admissions Office:
- completed UAB undergraduate application form, indicating pre-nuclear medicine technology as the major, and application fee, if applicable (if enrolled at UAB in another major, complete a Change of School/Major Request indicating pre-nuclear medicine technology as the major; form available from the Office of Registration and Academic Records), and
- official transcripts from each college or university attended.
To the Nuclear Medicine Technology Program Office, School of Health Professions:
- completed application to the professional phase of the Nuclear Medicine Technology Program
- completed clinical tour form (form available from the program office).