RST Admission Requirements
To the UAB Undergraduate Admissions Office:
- A completed UAB undergraduate application form, indicating pre-respiratory therapy as the major, and application fee, if applicable (if enrolled at UAB in another major, complete a Change of School/Major Request indicating pre-respiratory therapy as the major; form available from the Office of Registration and Academic Records), and
- official transcripts from each college or university attended.
- Download Undergraduate Application Here
To the Respiratory Therapy Program, School of Health Professions:
- Detailed eligibility requirements available here.
- A Completed application to the professional phase of the Respiratory Therapy Program
You may fill out the form at the following link and either...
... click the "Email" button located at the end of the form.
... click the "Print" button located at the end of the form, and mail the form to the provided address.
... right click on the link and select "Save Target as." Once completed you can attach it to an email for submittal.
Respiratory Therapy Application Form
Requirements for Admission: Students are eligible for admission to the professional program only after completion of the UAB/Program Core Curriculum and program prerequsities with a minimum of 64 semester hours. All candidates must satisfy the following requirements:
- have a minimum grade of C in each prerequisite course;
- have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (A=4.0);
- have a grade of C or better in each course in the UAB/Program Core Curriculum;
- complete a personal interview with members of the selection committee;
- complete a clinical visit to a respiratory department prior to admission interview (strongly recommended). Clinical Visit Form available here.
- if accepted, complete the UAB medical history questionnaire and physical, provide proof of required immunizations, and receive satisfactory screening by the UAB Medical Center Student Health Service.
Professional Phase Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed as they are received all year. Students meeting the program requirements will be interviewed and an acceptance decision will be made immediately afterwards. Applications after June 30 will be considered on a space available basis. Enrollment is limited based on student capacity at clinical education sites.