MT Admission Requirements
Application Deadline: First priority will be given to students who submit their application by May 1st of the year in which admission is sought. Applications submitted after May 1st will be considered on a space available basis. Application to the professional phase is made directly to the program.
Admission Requirements: The student usually will have completed approximately 60 semester hours before transferring to SHP for five semesters of professional coursework. Acceptance will be based on the student’s academic ability and aptitude for a career in laboratory sciences. The candidate is expected to satisfy the following requirements.
- minimum cumulative GPA ≥ 2.3 (on a 4.0 scale);
- minimum cumulative GPA ≥ 2.3 in natural sciences and mathematics prerequisites in Areas III and V (see below), calculated on all hours attempted; and
- if accepted, complete the UAB medical history questionnaire and physical, provide proof of required immunizations, and receive satisfactory screening by the UAB Medical Center Student Health Services.
Application Procedure: The following materials must be submitted to the:
UAB Undergraduate Admissions Office:
- UAB online Application for Undergraduate Admission, indicating medical technology as the major, and application fee. The online application can be found at UAB Application for Undergraduate Admission. If enrolled at UAB in another major, complete a Change of School/Major Request indicating medical technology as the major (the form is available from the Office of Registration and Academic Records, or online under registration/academic records).
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended.
Admissions Office: Department of Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences (School of Health Professions Building, SHPB 430 (Lobby))
- Application to the professional phase of the Medical Technology Program.
- Please download form by clicking this link: Medical Technology Program Application .