Who Are We?
A group of around 20 young alumni of the UAB School of Health Professions committed to connecting our alumni across our various professions and keeping alumni engaged with SHP. The diversity of the graduates of SHP opens the door for innovative collaborations and we want to help with that!
What We Do:
- Serve as ambassadors for SHP within our respective communities (our members are located across the United States).
- Foster connections between all SHP constituents (current faculty, current students, alumni, school wide supporters, industry leaders).
- Raise funds for the Junior Advisory Board Endowed Scholarship Award, which supports recent graduates in their efforts to launch their career – learn more here.
- The SHP JAB was established in 2011
- Members represent all 5 departments within SHP
- Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences
- Health Services Administration
- Nutrition Sciences
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Members are 40 and under
- Our annual event is Dodging for Degrees – a dodgeball tournament that benefits the Junior Advisory Board Professional Scholarship Award. Learn more by visiting here.