The Student Health Information Management Association is collecting food items for the Community Food Bank of Central Alabama. This is the first service project for the newly re-activated association.
The goal is to collect 200 non-perishable items by April 26. The most needed foods include:
- Meats: Canned meat (Spam, ham, meat spread, beef stew, chicken)
- Dairy: Evaporated milk, canned cheese, powdered milk, shelf stable milk, pudding, custards
- Breads & Cereals: Baking mix, dry cereal oatmeal, grits, rice, pasta noodles, corn meal, sugar, flour.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Canned fruit (citrus sections, oranges, pineapples, applesauce, apricots), canned juices (tomato, orange, pineapple, grape), canned vegetables, soups, dried fruits (raisins, apricots, prunes)
- Miscellaneous: Macaroni and Cheese, spaghetti sauces, boxed juice, peanut butter, canned nuts, and jams.
Collection boxes are located at:
- Webb 544 (outside of office)
- Webb 2nd Floor (near elevators)
- SHP 421 HIM Lab