UAB School of Health Professions Current News
- Created on June 03, 2013
Doctors may add one of several other drugs to lower glucose, blood sugar, if metformin is not enough to manage type 2 diabetes in a person. While short-term studies have shown the efficacy of different drugs when used with metformin, there have been no long-terms studies of which combination works best and has fewer side effects.
- Created on April 05, 2013
Vivian Pijuan-Thompson, Ph.D., has been named president of the American Society of Cytotechnology (ASCT). She took over the role at the conclusion of the group’s annual meeting on April 21, 2013.
- Created on April 04, 2013
Kara Caruthers, MSPAS, PA-C, will tell you she did not get to the place in her life right now all by herself. The Physician Assistant Studies assistant professor said she was fortunate to have parents that were very supportive of her going to college, but neither parent finished college.
- Created on March 11, 2013
- Created on March 11, 2013
- Created on March 01, 2013
- Created on February 18, 2013
- Created on February 13, 2013
Chris Van Gorder, president and CEO of Scripps Health in San Diego, Calif., will be the keynote speaker at the Ninth Annual L. R. “Rush” Jordan Distinguished Lecture Series on Thursday, Feb. 28 at 6:30 p.m. at the Wynfrey Hotel, co-hosted by the University of Alabama at Birmingham Health System, UAB’s Department of Health Services Administration and the Alabama Healthcare Executives Forum. Van Gorder will speak on the topic, “From Turnaround to Transformation: the Benefits of a Strong Corporate Culture.”
- Created on January 22, 2013
Looking for a degree that will help you gain employment and impress employers? Yahoo.com named the top four degrees that employers love. Coming in at number one is health care management.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham has been training future health care managers and administrators for more than 40 years. Program Director Pamela Paustian, Ph.D., said her graduates hit the ground running in their jobs.
- Casazza's study targets risks of physical inactivity
- UAB receives grant to continue interprofessional student training
- UAB's SimWars training helps health professions students practice teamwork
- HSA graduates first Executive Doctoral class Dec. 15
- Helping people with disabilities become more physically active is focus of new UAB initiative
- Morris trained constraint induced therapy to Czech Republic PT’s
- HIM faculty training UAB coders on updated International Classification of Diseases system ICD-10
- Holiday eating tips
- First-year Clinical Laboratory Science students work with patients at UAB HealthSmart
- Vogtle awarded grant to improve weight and activity of kids with Down syndrome