Apply - Residential MSHA
Admission to the MSHA Program is based upon a solid academic foundation, completion of a graduate admission test (GMAT or GRE), leadership experience, strong interpersonal skills, a capacity to work in teams, a strong desire to make a difference in the lives of those served in the field of health administration and an interview with faculty, alumni and current students.
The application deadline each year is December 1.
You can start the application process now through the UAB Graduate School's "Apply Yourself" program or via Healthcare Administration, Management & Policy Centralized Application Service (HAMPCAS). UAB is a participant of the Health Administration, Management, & Policy Centralized Application Service (HAMPCAS). HAMPCAS is the national centralized application service that provides applicants with the capability to apply to health management, administration, and policy programs across different colleges and universities throughout the U.S. by way of a single, web-based application. To start the application process: www.hampcas.org.
The following materials must be submitted to the M.S.H.A. Program.
- Completed online application (https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=uab-grad) which includes essays, a resume and three recommendations.
- Non-refundable application fee (U.S. $70.00, International $85.00).
- Scores from either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE, UAB code is 1856) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
- All international students must also take the TOEFL exam and score at least 550 on the paper-based exam or 213 on the computer-based exam.
- On-site interview - UAB Candidates are typically invited for an on-campus interview if the following criteria are met:
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 GPA based on either overall or in the last 60 hours.
- Minimum GRE score of 300, on the new scale, or 1,000/1,600 based on the combined quantitative and verbal sections or a minimum GMAT score of at least 480/800 based on the quantitative and verbal sections.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended submitted directly to the UAB Graduate School.
The Graduate School Office is located on the ground floor of Lister Hill Library (1700 University Boulevard) on the campus of UAB.
UAB Graduate School
1720 2nd Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35294-0013
Note: Individuals who have earned a doctoral degree (MD, PhD, JD, PharmD, etc) from an U.S. accredited institution are exempt from the admission test requirement for the MSHA Program.
Note: No degree can be awarded without the successful completion of a 9 – 12 month administrative residency at the end of the academic coursework. Our experience has shown that it is very difficult for international students to obtain an administrative residency in the United States. Consequently, international students must have an administrative residency secured before starting the MSHA program.
Apply - Executive MSHA
Applicants for the Executive MSHA program must have at least five years health related work experience, in either a clinical or management position, and must be currently working full-time in healthcare. They must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited university.
No admission test is required for EMSHA format.
Students are only admitted in the fall of each year. The admissions committee will begin reviewing completed applications in early March.
The first priority deadline is March 1st. After March 1st, applications will be considered on a space available basis. *We are still accepting applications for Fall 2017.
- Completed online application (https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=uab-grad) which includes a resume, statement of objectives and three recommendations
- Non-refundable application fee (U.S. $70.00, International $85.00)
- International students must take the TOEFL exam and score at least 550 in the paper-based exam or 213 on the computer-based exam
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 GPA on either overall or last 60 hours of undergraduate school
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended submitted directly to the Graduate School
UAB Graduate School
1720 2nd AVE S
BIRMINGHAM, AL 35294-0113
Note: If you are employed by a UAB entity, please contact Heather Lee at 205.996.6593 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding your educational assistance benefits.