Executive MSHA students graduate with more than an exceptional education. Through the specially designed preceptorship, they also gain experience applying their new knowledge and skills during visits to national and international health care organizations. Serving as the program’s capstone course, this intensive three to four-day experience will expose students to international organizations and to leaders on the cutting edge of health care. The preceptorship is designed to introduce students to an area of health care outside their current work experience.
Previous preceptorships have taken students to:
- Carolinas Healthcare System, Charlotte, NC
- Sentara Healthcare, Norfolk, VA
- Lovelace Health System, Albuquerque, NM
- Washington, DC
- Toronto, Canada
- Bocconi University, Milano, Italy
- British National Health Service, London, England
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Switzerland (World Health Organization)
- Barcelona, Spain
Tuition covers the cost of lodging, meals and materials for the 3-4 day Preceptorship. Transportation costs are covered by the student. This trip occurs during the student’s second year.