The information below is for our M.S. in Occupational Therapy program.
*Each of our other programs has it's own Admissions page, simply click the name of the program you are interested in to be redirected: Graduate Certificate in Low Vision Rehabilitation, Ph.D. in Rehabilitation Science, B.S. & M.S. Fast Track.
This department participates in the Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service (OTCAS). Visit www.otcas.org for specific requirements, procedures, and fees. Applicants should send all application materials directly to OTCAS who will verify the application information and send completed applications to our program.
Though there is a December 31st deadline, early submission of the application is encouraged because the cohort typically reaches capacity by the end of February that year. Interviews are typically held in January or February following the deadline.
Phone: 617-612-2860 (Mon-Fri 8:00-4:00 CT)
OTCAS Verification Department
P.O. Box 9120
Watertown, MA 02471
- You must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in a field other than occupational therapy or receive a baccalaureate degree in a discipline other than occupational therapy by June 1st of the admission year.
- Complete the OTCAS application.
- GRE scores must be from within the last 5 years.
- You must have earned a "B" (A = 4.0) or better in each *prerequisite course.
- You must have an overall minimum GPA of 3.0 (A = 4.0).
- If invited, you must participate in an interview with faculty of the Department of Occupational Therapy. The interview is scheduled once the application is received and all steps in the process completed.
Acceptance will be based on your academic ability, aptitude for a career as an occupational therapist and an interview.
You must send a signed Letter of Intent, plus a $300 non-refundable tuition deposit to reserve a seat in the program (deposit will be applied to tuition) to the Department of Occupational Therapy. You must meet UAB medical clearance requirements (http://www.uab.edu/studenthealth/medical-clearance). You must apply to and be accepted by the UAB Graduate School (www.uab.edu/graduate).
Transfer of Credit Policy
We adhere to the credit transfer policy established by the UAB Graduate School, presented in the Graduate School Policy and Procedures Section 9 Policy 4. You will also find specific wording in the 2015 - 2016 OT Student Handbook on page 51.
In keeping with this University policy, requests for transfer of graduate credit from another entry level occupational therapy program, accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE), will be considered on an individual case basis and will require approval from the program director and the department chair before it is submitted for approval to the Graduate School Dean. Each course submitted for review will be evaluated for equivalence to the required department course by the faculty member currently teaching the course, and the program director. Course syllabi must be provided for equivalence review, and a competency test may be administered at the program director’s discretion.