This program is not currently accepting applications
For further information, please contact:
Diane Clark, PT, DScPT, MBA
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Department of Physical Therapy
1720 2nd Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35294-1212
- Completion of a degree in physical or occupational therapy
- Current licensure in the United States or foreign equivalent
To apply, follow these steps:
(1) Create an account in Apply Yourself (https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=uab-grad).
(2) After logging in to your account, select the GRADUATE DEGREE SEEKING AND CERTIFICATE APPLICATION and select START APPLICATION.
(3) Complete the BIOGRAPHICAL DATA section. Click on SAVE AND CONTINUE.
(4) Complete the APPLICATION INFORMATION section, including the following information:
-Under PROGRAM APPLYING TO select HEALTH FOCUSED PATIENT/CLIENT MANAGEMENT.
-Under DEGREE chose CERT.
-Under TERM APPLYING FOR, select the term that you wish to begin the program.
-In the TESTS TAKEN section under ADMISSION TEST 1, select WAIVED.
-Under DATE TAKEN, enter the current month and date (example: 02/2013)
-Complete the information requested under PREVIOUS APPLICATIONS and DISCIPLINARY PROBATION.
-Click SAVE AND CONTINUE.
(5) Complete the EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND section, including the most recent college or university attended and all previous colleges or universities attended. Note instructions for submitting transcripts. You may submit your application before obtaining the transcripts. If you attended UAB for your most recent degree, the Graduate School should have all of your transcripts on file. Click SAVE AND CONTINUE after completing this section.
(6) In the PERSONAL ESSAY section, write a brief (one paragraph) summary of your background and reasons for choosing to apply to the certificate program and upload the document as instructed.
(7) Under ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, the only required information action is to upload a copy of your current physical therapy or occupational therapy license (see Additional Information section after the Writing Sample section). Click SAVE AND CONTINUE after uploading your PT or OT license.
(8) RECOMMENDATIONS ARE NOT REQUIRED. The Graduate Certificate in Health Focused Patient/Client Management for Physical and Occupational Therapists is included in the list of programs that waive recommendation letters.
(9) After completing the application, click SUBMIT APPLICATION.
(10) After submission of the application, you will then be instructed to submit payment of the application fee.
(11) You will receive email notification from the Graduate School when your application is approved. You will also receive an admissions letter from the certificate program. Information regarding registration and online access to courses will also be provided.
(12) If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Betsy Moore via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (205-934-4363).